What Personal Data Does VERTICAL RECRUITING Collect About You?
Information You Provide Directly
We may collect the following personal data from you when you apply for a position:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, physical address, telephone number;
- Employment Background Information such as resume/CV, employment history, academic and professional qualifications;
- Work eligibility and citizenship information;
- Demographic Information such as racial or ethnic origin for government reported statistics when permitted by law or with your consent.
Information We Collect from Other Parties
We may collect personal data from other parties as part of the recruitment process. For example:
- Information provided from agencies performing background checks or right to work verifications;
- Information from public sources and social media sites;
- Information from recruitment agencies that you have asked to support you in finding a job;
- Information provided by VERTICAL RECRUITING team members who have referred you for a job.
How does VERTICAL RECRUITING Use Your Personal Data?
We may collect and use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you about your job application and potential future job opportunities;
- To administer, support, and manage the job application process;
- Where necessary to comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements;
- Use your skills, experience, and background to match you with potential employers;
- For other purposes as described to you at the time we collect your personal data.
When Does VERTICAL RECRUITING Share Your Data and Who are the Recipients?
As part of the recruitment process, VERTICAL RECRUITING may disclose your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Internally with VERTICAL RECRUITING team members, contractors, and vendors who require the information to administer and manage the recruitment process;
- To third-party service providers which process personal data on our behalf to provide certain services, such as background checks;
- To third-party employers with whom you instruct VERTICAL RECRUITING to share your personal data;
- We may share your personal data if we believe it is reasonably necessary to comply with valid legal process (e.g., subpoenas, warrants) or protect the rights, property, or safety, of VERTICAL RECRUITING, our employees, or users;
- If VERTICAL RECRUITING is acquired or transferred (including in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may share your personal data with the acquiring or receiving entity.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
Consent: We may ask you for your consent to process your personal data. You can withdraw your consent at any time, which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn.
Legitimate Interest: We process certain personal data for our legitimate interests. These legitimate interests include, for example, administering the recruitment process and managing applicants effectively.
Performance of a Contract: We process personal data to perform steps that are necessary prior to entering an employment contract with you, where you are considered for employment.
Compliance with Legal Obligations: In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to process your personal data, such as to meet our legal requirements or in response to a court or regulatory order. We also may need to process your personal data to protect vital interests, or to exercise, establish, or defend legal claims.
Access to your personal data is controlled and VERTICAL RECRUITING maintains a comprehensive information security program using administrative, physical, and technical safeguards.
Your personal data will be retained for present and future job opportunities. An agent of VERTICAL RECRUITING may reach out to you if a future job opportunity might be of interest.
Your Rights and Choices
You may access, correct, or delete your personal data at any time. You may also withdraw your consent, or object to the processing of your personal data when based on our legitimate interests. To submit a deletion request, please email “email@example.com”.
If you have questions or concerns about the way we are handling your data, please email us with the subject line “Privacy Concern” at ADMIN@VERTICAL RECRUITING.com.
The controller of your personal data is the VERTICAL RECRUITING affiliate who is hiring.
This policy was last updated on 7/20/2023.